MariaDB database for users and passwords?

Felix Zielcke fzielcke at z-51.de
Thu Nov 7 09:11:10 EET 2019

Am Mittwoch, den 06.11.2019, 22:23 -0500 schrieb Ken Wright via
dovecot:
> Greetings, All!
>
> I've got an email server set up with Postfix and Dovecot, but Dovecot
> can't find any users.  I'd ilke to use the database I set up in
> MariaDB
> for users (referenced by Postfix), but I'm just not sure how to do
> it.
> There's a line in dovecot.conf specifying /etc/dovecot/passwd.db, but
> obviously that's not the one I set up in MariaDB.  Is what I want
> even
> possible?

What distribution and version of Dovecot to do you use?
I don't myself use the SQL support of it.
But on Debian there's /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext to configure
it.
You can find the docs about the SQL passdb/userdb support here:

https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/authentication/sql/#authentication-sql