MariaDB database for users and passwords?

Ken Wright wizard at bnnorth.net
Thu Nov 7 10:26:32 EET 2019

On 11/7/19 2:11 AM, Felix Zielcke via dovecot wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 06.11.2019, 22:23 -0500 schrieb Ken Wright via
> dovecot:
>> Greetings, All!
>>
>> I've got an email server set up with Postfix and Dovecot, but Dovecot
>> can't find any users.  I'd ilke to use the database I set up in
>> MariaDB for users (referenced by Postfix), but I'm just not sure how
>> to do it. There's a line in dovecot.conf specifying
>> /etc/dovecot/passwd.db, but obviously that's not the one I set up in
>> MariaDB.  Is what I want even possible?
> What distribution and version of Dovecot to do you use?
> I don't myself use the SQL support of it.
> But on Debian there's /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext to configure
> it.
> You can find the docs about the SQL passdb/userdb support here:
>
> https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/authentication/sql/#authentication-sql

I should have included that information the first time; forgive me for
being negligent.  I'm using Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS, and Dovecot is
version 2.2.33.2.  I'll take a look at the link you provided.  Thanks!

Ken

--
Registered Linux user #483005

If you ever think international relations make sense, remember this:
because a Serb shot an Austrian in Bosnia, Germany invaded Belgium.