http API for IMAP

Thomas Güttler guettliml at thomas-guettler.de
Fri Nov 15 15:06:31 EET 2019

Am 14.11.19 um 19:18 schrieb Ralph Seichter via dovecot:
> * Thomas Güttler via dovecot:
>
>> Stateless, http and URLs are the future.
>
> A bold claim, and not worth anything without proof, which is impossible
> to provide because you cannot predict the future.

Yes, you are right. I can't predict the future. But I can look at the current state of
the art. AFAIK nobody will use CORBA today if he starts from scratch.
Most people use http based APIs today.

Quoting this answer: https://stackoverflow.com/a/46886237/633961

 > Note that smtpjs uses a service located at http://smtpjs. It's not truly a Javascript SMTP client. This "utility"
means you are uploading your email credentials to the server smtpjs.com. Use with extreme caution.

JS running in the browser can't. JS running in Node.js can.

> Please do your research before stating obvious falsehoods.

The above line is from you. Should I repeat it?

--
Thomas Guettler http://www.thomas-guettler.de/
I am looking for feedback: https://github.com/guettli/programming-guidelines