Sieve and recipient_delimiter

Sean Kamath kamath at moltingpenguin.com
Sun Nov 17 07:06:58 EET 2019

From the Notes section of my sieve file, because I always forget this

# MORE NOTES:
# Using :localpart takes just the local part of an address
# header selects a header, address selects an address
# Looks like this is the spec:
# :localpart = :user+:detail
# address are :localpart @ :domain, or :user + :detail @ :domain
# See RFC5233

I use this bit for figuring out what :detail something (might) be going to:

     # Check to see if we have detail. . .
     if address :matches :detail "To" "*" {
          # Save name in ${detail} in all lowercase
          # Joe, joe, jOe thus all become 'joe'.
          # Note that we set it to lower, not first-cap
          # because we're going to use this name for a mailbox
          set :lower "detail" "${1}";
          set :lower "user" "${def_user}”;
     }

I don’t know where I got this from, but I am pretty sure it was on this list. :-)

I use it to bucket email based on detail (if no detail, it goes into the address’s default folder, otherwise it goes into the detail folder).

Sean