[Sieve] Multiple email recipients, how?

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sun Nov 24 01:54:08 EET 2019

On 23 Nov 2019, at 15:40, Robert <dovecot at groenemuis.nl> wrote:
> I think you mean collecting all email addresses and connecting them (manually) to the correct mailbox in the config of Postfix (or equiv, I have no idea what is used at my hosting provider)? That sounds like a doable one-time action if all new addresses use proper sub-addressing.

I didn’t realize you did not have control of your Mailserver.

Still, the sooner you get off the method you are using the better off everyone is going to be, I wouldn’t count on a mail server not noticing your multiple forwarding to different addresses and putting a stop to it, as it is resource intensive.

If you have access to create new email addresses you also probably have access to create aliases as well.

# Outside address       ALIASED TO     INSIDE ADDRESS
amazonjohn at example.com     =>          john+amazon at example.com
roll20john at example.com     =>          john+roll20 at example.com
appljohn at example.com       =>          john+apple at example.com
applenotjohn at example.com   =>          notjohn+apple at example.com
Etc etc

This removes the need to sieve scripts that try to parse the from.

--
I noticed that but was still trying to work out a way of drawing it to
everyone's attention that would be sufficiently satisfying, combining