[Sieve] Multiple email recipients, how?

Tom Hendrikx tom at whyscream.net
Sun Nov 24 13:36:50 EET 2019

On 23-11-19 18:40, Ralph Seichter via dovecot wrote:
> * Tom Hendrikx via dovecot:
>
>> There are nice tricks you can do with virtual alias maps and pcre
>> within postfix to split email to specific user accounts, which could
>> also accommodate other alias schemes than standard subaddressing (such
>> as yours).
>
> Postfix supports sub-addressing out of the box, simply by setting the
> "recipient_delimiter" configuration parameter[1].
>
> -Ralph
>
> [1] http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#recipient_delimiter

Standard subaddressing is not able to support the addressing scheme the
OP has in place. But there are other ways, such as pcre alias maps, that
will solve his problem a lot easier than Sieve address parsing, without
discarding the existing (albeit peculiar) subaddressing scheme. I just
wanted to make sure that the OP was aware of this.

Kind regards,
	Tom