Password issue

Amir Caspi cepheid at 3phase.com
Sat Oct 12 05:28:46 EEST 2019

On Oct 11, 2019, at 7:26 PM, @lbutlr via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:

> setting the explicit port for SMTP and.or IMAP advanced settings didn’t change the port it actually tried connecting go until I removed the account and re-added it.

I'm sure you tried this before deleting/re-adding, but just in case not: you do have to close out of the settings window (or switch to another account) to get the settings to save... it should ask you to save when you do that.  If you don't save -- for example, if you make the change and then try checking for mail while the Settings window is still open and unsaved -- then it will use the old settings.

But if it was still using the old settings even after a save... that seems like a bug.  Did you try quitting and restarting Mail, too, before deleting/re-adding the account?  Just curious, in case I ever run into such a bug.

Cheers.

--- Amir