Dovecot and Apple's Mail.app not playing nicely?

Coy Hile coy.hile at coyhile.com
Tue Sep 3 15:30:58 EEST 2019

Hi all,

Is there anything cute one has to take into account when using Dovecot with users of Apple’s Mail.app?
Behavior I’m seeing is that if I delete or move messages via Webmail (Roundcube, Horde, or even ActiveSync
via Mail.app on my phone), they do get moved or deleted.  However, if I take the same actions in the desktop
mail client, when logging in to the Webmail (or phone) app, I see the messages still seeming to be in the Inbox.

Is this known behavior? A peculiarity in Apple Mail?

--
Coy Hile
coy.hile at coyhile.com