Server administration

Marc Roos M.Roos at f1-outsourcing.eu
Wed Sep 4 16:53:24 EEST 2019

> Since local users open a security hole into your mail server, I would
argue that virtual users

Can you elaborate on that? I would argue exactly the oposite. Having
your virtual users in a
3rd party environment, adds only security exploits of that 3rd party
environment.

I guess most run dovecot with mysql? So how many issues have been found
in mysql compared to linux
os user accounts. Linux is designed as multi user environment and most
other 3rd party software not.

Most secure IS running with linux user accounts, you can even enhance
this security with selinux.
How are you ever going to realize this in something like mysql? If
something goes wrong there everything
under the mysql uid is accessible. Thus all accounts.