Quota and maildir does not work with subfolders of INBOX

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Mon Sep 9 19:18:33 EEST 2019

On 9 Sep 2019, at 09:27, Niels Kobschätzki <niels at kobschaetzki.net> wrote:
> The moment I remove those folders, the size gets calculated correctly. Unfortunately those folders are generated by some clients automatically afaik (like .INBOX.Trash)

That sounds like a misconfiguration of the IMAP client. Someone has gone in and improperly set INBOX as the IMAP path Prefix in their MUA.

I used to have this problem with some users until I implemented repeated and consistent application of a clue bat.

I don’t know of a server-side setting to prevent users from screwing up this setting, but maybe?

--
but then a lot of nice things turn bad out there