Quota and maildir does not work with subfolders of INBOX

Niels Kobschätzki niels at kobschaetzki.net
Tue Sep 10 06:56:58 EEST 2019

On 9/9/19 6:18 PM, @lbutlr via dovecot wrote:
> On 9 Sep 2019, at 09:27, Niels Kobschätzki <niels at kobschaetzki.net> wrote:
>> The moment I remove those folders, the size gets calculated correctly. Unfortunately those folders are generated by some clients automatically afaik (like .INBOX.Trash)
>> That sounds like a misconfiguration of the IMAP client. Someone has
gone in and improperly set INBOX as the IMAP path Prefix in their MUA.

The thing is that it worked before. Even when the user misconfigured
their client in such a way, the quota-plugin shouldn't just throw some
dice to get to a arbitrarily high quota the user has used instead of the
right amount.

> I used to have this problem with some users until I implemented repeated and consistent application of a clue bat.

Some users is in my case (as far as I guess) like 0.5%

> I don’t know of a server-side setting to prevent users from screwing up this setting, but maybe?

Wouldn't that break existing accounts?

Niels