sieve question

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Mon Apr 20 12:56:49 EEST 2020

Hi,

We are trying to auto-reply to emails that still use one of our old
domains. To do this, I have setup a catch-all mailbox for anything sent
to that old domain using postfix virtual:

@old.domain.com      catch-all at new.domain.com

Then I defined a sieve script for catch-all at new.domain.com, like:

> require ["vacation"];
> if allof ( not exists ["list-help", "list-unsubscribe", "list-subscribe", "list-owner", "list-post", "list-archive", "list-id", "Mailing-List"] )
>
> { vacation text:
> This message is sent automatically, and your message has NOT been read nor forwarded.
>
> Please update your addressbooks!
>
> All the best! :-)
> .
> ;
> }

However, sieve never sends any auto-reply, because it logs:

> discarding vacation response for implicitly delivered message; no
> known (envelope) recipient address found in message headers
> (recipient=<catch-all at new.domain.com>, and no additional `:addresses'
> are specified)
I have googled this, but adding :addresses in this case will not work,
as we are trying to answer (basically) emails sent to any email
addresses sent to that domain, and thus I cannot define specific :addresses

Can anyone suggest what to do here?

Thanks and stay healthy!

MJ