replication newbie: some beginner questions

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed Apr 22 12:04:00 EEST 2020

Am 22.04.20 um 10:43 schrieb Benny Pedersen:
> On 2020-04-22 10:35, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>> Am 22.04.20 um 09:41 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>>
>>> iterate_query = SELECT username as user FROM mailbox
>>
>> Ok, we enabled the 2 users and they synced (after a restart of one
>> dovecot, btw).
>>
>> What irritates me:
>>
>> on the new server I find less files in /home/vmail than on the old
>> server.
>>
>> So something is skipped or so.
>>
>> I try to compare now ..
>
> # on the old
> doveadm quota recalc -A
> doveadm quota get -A
>
> # on the new
> doveadm quota recalc -A
> doveadm quota get -A
>
> then you can see with users missing data

ok, I try.

On the new machine the results are there instantly (SSDs and fast CPU
etc), the old one still calculates.

"quota" plugin wasn't enabled, that might add some initial work. Heavy
load now ... ~45 : I had to stop that now

-

I saw the first few lines of output and the values all are slightly
different between the 2 servers.

I will ask the admin there to compare mailboxes via client, in
thunderbird for example.