Client shows incorrect message counts

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Tue Aug 11 06:14:19 EEST 2020

>>>>> "John" == John Stoffel <john at stoffel.org> writes:

Antonio> Agreed…  Is Mailmate an option for you?

John> Never heard of it, will have to look into it.  I'd be willing to
John> change the iPhone mail reader for sure, the Apple one kinda
John> sucks overall, especially for sorting and such.  IMHO.

And it's not going to work for me.  I use Linux and Emacs and an elisp
mail reader called 'viewmail' for most of my day to day email needs.
I've been using it for 25 years now, and while it's not the fasted
with IMAP handling, it's fast for me and lets me do all I need to do
without using the mouse, over a simple SSH connection from anywhere,
and I can edit email with Emacs, my prefered keybindings for editing.

So if I could make mutt morph into the viewmail keybindings and use
the basic emacs editing key-strokes, I'd probably be in heaven.
Maybe.

My weakness is not being able to grok elisp (or lisp for that matter)
worth a damn.  It just isn't a language I can wrap my head around.  I
guess I need to get laid off my current $WORK so I could just dive in
an spend six months learning elisp and wrapping my brain around it.
Hah!  Not gonna happen.  *grin*

John