RHEL7/CentOS7 RPM of dovecot 2.3.11.3-3 seems to have dropped tcpwrap support

Thomas Scheunemann thomas.scheunemann at uni-due.de
Thu Aug 20 14:02:07 EEST 2020

Using the Repo http://repo.dovecot.org/ce-2.3-latest after upgrading from
2.3.10.1-3 to 2.3.11.3-3 we get numerous error messages like:

dovecot: imap-login: Error: connect(tcpwrap) failed: No such file or directory

We use tcpwrap support in dovecot, which worked flawlessly in the older version.
I can see that the socket /var/run/dovecot/login/tcpwrap is not created anymore.
And comparing with RPMs, the new one seems to be missing the file:

/usr/libexec/dovecot/tcpwrap

which leads me to conclusion that the new version is just not compiled with tcpwrap
support.

Thomas Scheunemann