Dovecot on Ubuntu 20.04

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 07:18:52 EEST 2020

On 21/08/2020 02.53, spamvoll at googlemail.com wrote:
> is anyone using the "Bionic (18.04 LTS)" packages on  Focal Fossa (20.04 LTS) ?
> I'm not sure if its working after the upgrade

Not quite sure what you're saying here, but if you ran the "sudo do-release-upgrade -d" command, then it will have upgraded your dovecot packages to the current version of Ubuntu 20.

https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=default&section=all&arch=any&keywords=dovecot-core&searchon=names

If I read that correctly, your dovecot version will have jumped from 2.2.33 to 2.3.7
What does "apt-cache policy dovecot-core" say?

Usually, during the upgrade it will ask you if you want to keep the existing configuration. Generally a good idea to do that (!) and then review the config afterwards for possible changes. Some items will be introduced, some will be depracated.

Maybe others in this forum can comment on any major changes between 2.2.33 and 2.3.7.

Any clues in the logs? /var/log/dovecot.log, and 'systemctl status dovecot'

P.