Email Server Backup Strategy

Francis Augusto Medeiros-Logeay r_f at med-lo.eu
Sun Feb 9 19:59:59 EET 2020

What I do:

1 - I ran a maildirlock command to my mail folder
2 - I then rsync the folder where my maildirs are, as well as the
indexes, to a remote location
3 - I tar.gz the daily backup
4 - I kill the maildirlock process

I also use replication of my server so that I keep getting mail when my
main server isn't available.

As for postfix, I backup the database once a week, since it doesn't get
changed that often.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Francis