shared folder name or public folder with mail address

Armin Schindler armin.schindler at sysgo.com
Sat Feb 15 13:27:06 EET 2020

On 15.02.2020 12:16, Tobias Kirchhofer wrote:
>     the sieve part seems to be very tricky.
>     My test is now working with a public folder and I have a
>     "sieve_before" script in place which works for rules of the
>     private namespace.
>
>     But when the rule shall "fileinto" a public folder, the mail isn't
>     filtered (moved) and syslog says
>     dovecot: lmtp(.): Error ... sieve...: Mailbox doesn't exist.
>
>     After some tests I found out it always looks in the private (or shared)
>     namespace for that specfied folder.
>     Do I miss a config option to let dovecot sieve "fileinto" a public
>     namespace folder?
>     I use dovecot version 2.2.13.
>
> We „fileinto“ in this manner :
>
> |fileinto „Namespace/folder“; |

This is what is not working for me.

Your procedure below is good and maybe I will use parts of it, thank
you. But this part is working for already. The incoming mail
is sent to dovecot (postfix virtual alias working) and the
match in sieve script is correct too.
The problem is that dovecot (sieve) refuses to
 fileinto "Namespace/folder"
because it seems it wants to store the mail
in private namespace with "folder1/folder2" instead.
The first part of the fileinto path isn't used as
namespace name.
Is there a config option for this behaviour?

Armin