shared folder name or public folder with mail address

Tobias Kirchhofer collect at shift.agency
Sat Feb 15 15:45:27 EET 2020

On 15 Feb 2020, at 12:27, Armin Schindler wrote:

> On 15.02.2020 12:16, Tobias Kirchhofer wrote:
>>     the sieve part seems to be very tricky.
>>     My test is now working with a public folder and I have a
>>     "sieve_before" script in place which works for rules of the
>>     private namespace.
>>
>>     But when the rule shall "fileinto" a public folder, the mail
>> isn't
>>     filtered (moved) and syslog says
>>     dovecot: lmtp(.): Error ... sieve...: Mailbox doesn't exist.
>>
>>     After some tests I found out it always looks in the private (or
>> shared)
>>     namespace for that specfied folder.
>>     Do I miss a config option to let dovecot sieve "fileinto" a
>> public
>>     namespace folder?
>>     I use dovecot version 2.2.13.
>>
>> We „fileinto“ in this manner :
>>
>> |fileinto „Namespace/folder“; |
>
> This is what is not working for me.
>
> Your procedure below is good and maybe I will use parts of it, thank
> you. But this part is working for already. The incoming mail
> is sent to dovecot (postfix virtual alias working) and the
> match in sieve script is correct too.
> The problem is that dovecot (sieve) refuses to
>  fileinto "Namespace/folder"
> because it seems it wants to store the mail
> in private namespace with "folder1/folder2" instead.
> The first part of the fileinto path isn't used as
> namespace name.
> Is there a config option for this behaviour?

Maybe you are missing an include?

We have:

```
require "fileinto";
require "mailbox";
require "envelope";
require "subaddress";
require "variables";
require "regex";
require "editheader";
require "include";

```

In dovecot.conf* i found no directly related settings. Just the usual
sieve settings explained here
https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Configuration

Can you see the Public namespace and the folder in your MUA or via
telnet?

Are you sure the ACL are correct? Can be that the error message
„Mailbox doesn't exist“ is misleading and the permissions are not
correct.

Here you can see how to debug if not already
https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Configuration#Trace_Debugging

collect at shift.agency