Unknown setting error with dovecot-sql.conf.ext

Andy Woolley andy at milonic.com
Thu Feb 20 14:02:49 EET 2020

OMG, that was it, so sorry to have wasted your time.

The text editor I am using (Ultraedit) is adding a BOM (Byte Order Marker)
to the beginning of the file. I have disabled this in settings but it keeps
doing it.

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. After removing the
3 invisible characters from the dovecot-sql.conf.ext  file it magically
worked.

Andy