Test failure on ARM: backtrace_append

Julien Lepiller julien at lepiller.eu
Thu Feb 20 18:56:58 EET 2020

Hi,

I am a packager in Guix and user of dovecot on an ARM server (armhf). The Guix package fails to build because of a test error (see the last lines of the full build log: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/log/f5if2qb5rsqag3a6jy5vga1l9hm9pkj0-dovecot-2.3.9.3). As the name suggests, this is dovecot 2.3.9.3, the latest version. Previous versions built fine, as well as the same version on x86 and x86_64. Note that the build on guix's build farm was done in a qemu vm, but I got the same test failure on real hardware.

I'm not sure what the best course of action is. Did I find a legitimate bug, or should I simply ignore that test for that architecture? Dovecot itself seems to be running fine when I ignore the tests.

Thanks for any guidance you could provide!