iOS Client Not Showing Email Previews, Dovecot Issue?

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Thu Jan 2 05:15:45 EET 2020

>>>>> "asai at globalchangemusic" == asai at globalchangemusic org <asai at globalchangemusic.org> writes:

asai> Just wondering if anybody would know why one of our users' iOS
asai> Mail app client doesn't show the email previews (the first few
asai> sentences of the email)?

Is this user running the latest version of iOS?  I'm running iOS 11.4
(yes, I need to update at some point...) and I see one line of preview
in my emails.

asai> We had migrated from an earlier (2.2.4) version of Dovecot to
asai> the latest version and once that was done, the user began to
asai> report this issue.  I don't know if it's a Dovecot issue or not,
asai> but can anyone point me in the right direction to begin to
asai> debug?

Please provide more details on your Dovecot version.  And have you
looked in your logs to see if there's anything different between this
user and other user's using iOS at the same version level?

It's probably some setting on the phone which is messed up, and where
I'd check first since you imply that other iOS users are all fine.

John