iOS Client Not Showing Email Previews, Dovecot Issue?

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Thu Jan 2 12:55:14 EET 2020

> On 2 Jan 2020, at 01:18, asai at globalchangemusic.org wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> Just wondering if anybody would know why one of our users' iOS Mail app client doesn't show the email previews (the first few sentences of the email)?
>
> We had migrated from an earlier (2.2.4) version of Dovecot to the latest version and once that was done, the user began to report this issue.  I don't know if it's a Dovecot issue or not, but can anyone point me in the right direction to begin to debug?

I am running the latest MacPorts dovecot and latest iOS and see the first line.

I have run into some issues with Mail.app on macOS that were solved by removing the account and recreating again. macOS Mail.app kept settings around on how to connect to IMAP (from years of upgrading an existing dovecot). These were solved only when I recreated the mail account on the client side so th eclient queried the server anew and created its settings anew.

It’s not really debugging but trial and error, but then, debugging anything on iOS (anything Apple, really) is hard to do.