2FA for Dovecot

lists lists at lazygranch.com
Tue Jan 7 10:43:30 EET 2020

I block all my email ports except 25 from countries where I am not going to be sending or receiving email. I also block many datacenters, but blocking Digital Ocean, Vultur and AWS will get you 90%of the way there. You will need to use 587, that is no auth on 25. Again no blocking on 25, just block the other email ports.

I get maybe one attempt to log into my email account a week. Yeah not as good as 2FA but it isn't a research project either. Just a little firewall programming. I get the CIDRs from bgp.he.net.

I am assuming this is a personal server.

A bit extreme, but you could set up a VPN on a VPS and only allow that IP to send and receive email.