Dovecot HA/Resilience

Adrian Minta adrian.minta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 19:49:31 EET 2020

Hello,

you need to "clone" the first server, change the ip address, mount the
same maildir storage and use some mechanism to share the accounts database.

Then you need to put a TCP load-balancer in front of the servers an you
are good to go. This is the easiest solution if you already have in the
network an appliance that can do LB. For instance if you already have a
firewall with that function.

Another solution is to make a cluster with corosync/pacemaker out of the
two servers:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-create-a-high-availability-setup-with-corosync-pacemaker-and-floating-ips-on-ubuntu-14-04

https://linuxacademy.com/blog/linux-academy/configure-a-failover-cluster-with-pacemaker/

--