Dovecot authentication through proxy

Daniel Niewerth daniel at niewerth.it
Tue Jan 28 14:34:55 EET 2020

Hi Sami,

thank you for your answer.

I use GlusterFS because the dovecot replication does not work with the mailcrypt plugin.
I will wait and see how reliable it works for me.
I have only a very small personal mail server. So it is not really critical if something does not work.

The dovecot-sql.conf has the following content:

driver=mysql
connect = "host=192.168.20.24 dbname=vmail user=*** password=***"
default_pass_scheme = SHA512-CRYPT

password_query = SELECT username AS user, domain, password, '%w' AS userdb_mail_crypt_private_password, 'yes' AS proxy, 'any-cert' AS 'ssl', 'any-cert' AS starttls, 'Y' as nopassword FROM accounts WHERE username = '%n' AND domain = '%d' and enabled = true;
user_query = SELECT concat('*:storage=', quota, 'M') AS quota_rule FROM accounts WHERE username = '%n' AND domain = '%d' AND sendonly = false;

iterate_query = SELECT username, domain FROM accounts where sendonly = false;

Best regards

Daniel