manual mdbox lock

rudolf at padaru.de rudolf at padaru.de
Fri Jun 5 17:25:43 EEST 2020

Good Morning,

i have a question about the mdbox dotlock technique.

We create a new backup strategy for our mailservers because we want to
switch the mailformat from mbox to mdbox.

Our recent backup plan works mainly with rsync and the inbuild tar function.
We want to hande the backups with mdbox similar.

Is there a way, how i can write-lock a mail user via the doveadm command or
with dotlock files? I have searched the doveadm-sync code but i cant make
out the point where the command lock the mailbox for write access.

We work with Ubuntu 18, dovecot 2.33.2

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Yours sincerely

 <https://padaru.de/>

Pascal Rudolf | Geschäftsführer

PADARU-IT | Bielebohstraße 10 | 02736  Beiersdorf
@: rudolf at padaru.de | www: <http://padaru.de/>  padaru.de
mobil: +49 (0) 17 772 595 32