Deliver administrative message ignoring user quota

Peter Folta mail at peterfolta.net
Sat Jun 6 20:25:31 EEST 2020

Hi everyone,

I have a separate internal system running on a different host that needs to put an administrative email into a user’s inbox.

I’ve been playing around with the “doveadm mailbox save” command via Doveadm’s HTTP API (https://doc.dovecot.org/admin_manual/doveadm_http_api/#doveadm-mailbox-save <https://doc.dovecot.org/admin_manual/doveadm_http_api/#doveadm-mailbox-save>).
This works quite well provided the user is within quota limit, however, I would like to be able to deliver these messages even if the email account is over quota.

I noticed that it’s possible to override the quota configuration using dovecot-lda by overriding plugin/quota with the “noenforcing” directive as explained in https://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/Configuration <https://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/Configuration>.
I don’t currently use LDA, SMTP servers based on Postfix deliver mail via LMTP and I need to be able to deliver this message from a different host in the network.
The HTTP API doesn’t seem to support overriding the quota config.

What would be the best way to go about this?

Thanks
Peter