Dovecot /VMWare Boxer

Sami Ketola sami.ketola at dovecot.fi
Thu Jun 11 17:33:37 EEST 2020

> On 11. Jun 2020, at 16.46, Djule Djukic <djule.djukic at hb.co.me> wrote:
>

> Hello all,
>
> My name is Djule Djukic and I am working for Hipotekarna Banka from Montenegro.
> We are using IMAP email server Dovecot version 2.1.17. As a email clients on our corporate workstations we are using Thunderbird or WebMail and everything is working fine.

This dovecot version is 7 years old already. Can you upgrade?

> We decided to introduce MDM solution in our environment and we installed VMWare WorkspaceOne (former Airwatch) which use Boxer as a mail client in App per VPN scenario.
> When we syncronise email with  Boxer  we have found that the time and date displayed for some messages  have been changed to the time at which the file was synchronized.

I have no idea how does this "Boxer mail client app" fetch message date.

Can you record some imap rawlogs to find out if it uses IMAP FETCH to get the message INTERNALDATE or does it really try to parse it from mail headers?

https://wiki.dovecot.org/Debugging/Rawlog <https://wiki.dovecot.org/Debugging/Rawlog>

> Problem with some email clients is that they not look always for "Date:" from email message header. The "Date:" header is usually the date the message was written or sent the first time, at the writer side.
> This "Date:" header line is never changed by any transfer or copy.

They do not rely on Date header. Date header is not mandatory and also it's not written on server side. It is written by the sender.

Sami