POP3Deleted flag issues

Justina Colmena ~biz justina at colmena.biz
Mon Jun 29 20:25:19 EEST 2020

Hello,

I have been running my own mail server with Dovecot, Postfix, and Cyrus-SASL for authentication.

= dovecot22u.x86_64 1:2.2.36.4-1.el7.ius @ius

I am basically trying to tune the system for better performance. The flat files "/var/mail/justina" etc exhibit locking issues and conflicts when fetching mail at the same time new mail is being delivered by Postfix. Other mail is stored in "Maildir" type folders accessible via IMAP. These exhibit better performance with finer grained locking.

There's an "idea" that was posted to the list 7 years ago, shows up top rank on Google.

https://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2013-May/090114.html

I fear either an incomplete implementation of the feature or "here-be-dragons" code that may or may not be completely documented.

I would like all the "$POP3Deleted" mail to be moved to an "Archive" Maildir folder accessible via IMAP. How do I accomplish this?