Dovecot - spam training through Outlook

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Thu Mar 5 18:50:17 EET 2020

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 17:08:48 +0100, Claudius stated:
>On 05.03.2020 16:26, Jerry wrote:
>> On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 12:53:32 +0100, Claudius stated:
>>> There are multiple bug reports about this and MS seems to have
>>> fixed it once in Outlook 2010 but broke it again sometime later.
>> Outlook 2010 is ancient. Exactly where did you find these bug
>> reports? Have you tried submitting a new bug report? I assume you
>> are using the latest version of MS Outlook.
>>
>I think I was confusing it with the last working version. 2010 didn't
>have the issue. 2013 has/had it.
>
>Here is the thread I bookmarked when trying to resolve this before
>giving up and shelving it:
>https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8eafe714-8a8c-44bc-9228-d6a68731494f/outlook-2013-behavior-as-an-imap-client
>
>I think nothing has been fixed as Outlook still does APPEND.

Again, these are obsoleted versions of MS Outlook. The latest official
release is the 2019 version. I am actually using the beta version, but
I doubt that it would make much difference. I would highly recommend
updating to the latest version and then retrying the script. If it still
fails, then file a bug report.

I actually read the posts in the link you supplied. The last post was
in regards to Outlook 2013, and it is nearly three years old.
Complaining about the the operation of an old version is like beating a
dead horse.

Good luck.

--
Jerry