Simple backup of maildir folder

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sun May 31 23:26:27 EEST 2020

On 31 May 2020, at 12:05, Francis Augusto Medeiros-Logeay <r_f at med-lo.eu> wrote:
> It annoys me have to do the doveadm to the local server - seems like a waste of disk space, but since maildirlock is not working and since doveadm backup to a remote server requires a bit more work to, well, to work, so I guess this is a simple and quick solution.

It's all a matter oof what exactly you need the backup to be.

For example, for my needs it would be perfectly reasonable to simple backup all the email messages and ignore the dovecot index files and other ancillary files. The purpose of my backup is to provide emergency recovery of a message or a few messages, not to provide a fail-over HA duplicate of the Mailserver so that there is never any interruption in service. If the worst happens and the machine literally dies, it will take me a couple of hours to replace it and have mail back up and running (starting with the last 7 days of mail and backfilling older mail as I go) and that's fine. Not suggesting this is fine for anyone else, of course.

--
'I warn you, dragon, the human spirit is-' They never found out what
	it was, or at least what he thought it was, although possibly in