Panic: lib-sql: Too many bind args

dovecot at ptld.com dovecot at ptld.com
Thu Aug 12 03:55:44 EEST 2021

> Maybe there's something wrong with my "map" configuration, which led
> to the improper syntax (see original email), but it's Dovecot that
> generated the syntax.

I have not used dictionaries and do not have first hand working
knowledge. Until someone else more knowledgeable chimes in, this is my
educated guess...

On the Dictionary manual page (https://wiki.dovecot.org/Dictionary) it
talks about using fields{}, or not, having different requirements and
syntax. It looks like you are mixing the two which might be leading to
the issue.

If you are using fields{} it looks like you shouldn't have
username_field defined. It also says that value_field should be "dummy"
which i don't understand how that works. The fields{} is for using
multiple primary key columns. If you are using only one column
(attr_name) then maybe you should try doing the non fields{} example.

If you have not looked at this manual page before it might give you more
hints on trouble shooting.