Help to setup a Unix socket based authentication server for dovecot in Python

dovecot at ptld.com dovecot at ptld.com
Fri Aug 13 15:32:30 EEST 2021

> On 08-13-2021 8:19 am, Sherin A wrote:
> the default authentication mechanism is not suitable for me becuase
> each domain will have different system users and different location for
> mail storage . So I need to create a custom authentication mechanism
> using python .  There is an option to use Key-value authentication
> (dict) database via socket  as per

Or another option...
Using SQL would allow you to have key-value, you can have different mail
location per domain / user, and dovecot can talk to SQL over TCP or
unix:socket. You wouldn't need to make a script, and when users are
stored in SQL (if you are using postfix) postfix can talk to that same
SQL table to know which users are valid for accepting email.