[OT] Re: What kind of search response time are you setting with solr full text search?

Steve Dondley s at dondley.com
Wed Aug 25 21:51:00 EEST 2021

On 2021-08-25 02:05 PM, Steve Dondley wrote:
>> Try this in on the commandline of the Solr server:
>>
>> time curl
>> "http://localhost:YYY/solr/dovecot/select?q=maynez&defType=edismax&qf=body+to+subject+cc+from"
>
> OK I had to modify the query path slightly to get it to work with my
> core to:
>
> time curl
> http://localhost:8983/solr/dondley/select?q=maynez&defType=edismax&qf=body+to+subjec:t+ccfrom

OK! found the issue. My command line mangled the URL when I edited the
url. There is a stray ":" in the query string.

So I am now seeing a ton of results and the following query time:

real    0m0.118s
user    0m0.003s
sys     0m0.011s

So this looks really good and fast. So I think we can say with
confidence solr is doing its job. So why is roundcube/dovecot taking so
long to show the results?