[OT] Re: What kind of search response time are you setting with solr full text search?

Steve Dondley s at dondley.com
Wed Aug 25 21:44:03 EEST 2021

> That query should search ALL emails that dovecot has indexed to Solr.
> There is no restriction for mailbox or folder.

OK.

> Try replacing "maynez" with something else that you know will be in the

Did a search on "the". Still nothing. Very, very weird. What would
explain why my email client is still returning results I get nothing
from the command line?

Here is the exact command I'm running:

time curl
http://172.30.0.94:8983/solr/dondley/select?q=the&defType=edismax&qf=body+to+subjec:t+ccfrom

Do you see any typos in there?

> Note that you can ask dovecot to completely reindex everybody's email
> with this command run as root, and then you can try searching again a
> few minutes later:
>
> doveadm index -A -q '*'

Yeah, tried this yesterday. Didn't help. If you think I should try
again, let me know.