dovecot and broken uidlist

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Fri Jan 22 16:45:21 EET 2021

Hi Claudio,

I made a test with NFS mount with nfsvers=4.1 and CentOS 7 as NFS client
(our Netapp already have NFS 4.1 enabled) but the problem is still present.

More, I don't like to switch to NFS 4 because is statefull, NFS v3 is
stateless and for example during maintanace or upgrade of NFS server
clients haven't problems, the reboot of Netapp is trasparent.

I don't think the problem is related to Netapp, I see the same error in
a setup of a customer based on Google Cloud (Ubuntu as Dovecot and NFS
client and Google Cloud NFS volume as storage).

In my case I'm using LDA for local delivery of emails so I hope that
swithcing to LMTP I will resolve the issue but I'm not use since others
users said that they are aready using LMTP.

I don't know why on old Linux distro works and recents distro have the
issue ...

--
Alessio Cecchi
Postmaster @ http://www.qboxmail.it