Dovecot and mutt

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
Wed Jan 27 14:06:06 EET 2021

On 26/01/2021 18:18, Rupert Gallagher wrote:
> If someone needs to send a formatted text, then they can use a text
> editor on headed paper, export to PDF and send it as attachment. E-mail
> proper is the plain text body of the message. When people send fancy
> HTML and expect me to read it on my phone, then they have wasted their
> effort, because the message is too heavy to download, heavy to display,
> and because I ultimately read e-mails in plain text. And most of the
> times it is spam.

And yet, ironically, this message you sent is in HTML.

It does have a plain text part, but it's base64 encoded. Not a problem
for any half-decent MUA, but for those read hardcore users that read
their mail directly from ~/maildir (or something like that), it's an
extra decoding step ;-)

--
"Rembrandt's first name was Beauregard, which is why he never used it."
		-- Dave Barry

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo at kalinowski.com.br