SMTP tool for Email validation

Julian Kippels kippels at hhu.de
Fri Jan 29 10:09:59 EET 2021

Am Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:39:16 +0530
schrieb "Amol Kale" <amol at talentrackershr.com>:

> Hi,
>

> We are looking for a tool for bulk SMTP testing / Email validation
> using telnet or similar protocol ( which doesn't send the mails )
>

> It generally involves steps like NSlookup to check MX of destination
> server, opening port25, telnet to communicate with client server,
> then finally checking the correctness of user email account.
>

> Please connect if you have such ready tool with you or you can develop
>

> Process example-
> <https://blog.mailtrap.io/verify-email-address-without-sending/>
> https://blog.mailtrap.io/verify-email-address-without-sending/
>

> Thanks & regards
>
> Amol Kale
>
> Founder Director
>
> Talent Trackers HR
>
> 7350002596

Hi,

I would recommend using the Swiss Army Knife for SMTP (swaks) for this.
It should be already included in most Linux distributions. Otherwise
you can find it here: https://github.com/jetmore/swaks

You can check the whole SMTP-Protocol chain, or you can tell swaks
after which step to abort. Your use case would be stopping after RCPT,
so you would start it using the extra flag "-q RCPT"

Julian

| | Julian Kippels
| | M.Sc. Informatik
| |
| | Zentrum für Informations- und Medientechnologie
| | Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf
| | Universitätsstr. 1
| | Raum 25.41.O1.32
| | 40225 Düsseldorf / Germany