SMTP tool for Email validation

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Fri Jan 29 12:12:26 EET 2021

Am 29.01.21 um 09:09 schrieb Julian Kippels:
> Am Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:39:16 +0530
> schrieb "Amol Kale" <amol at talentrackershr.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> We are looking for a tool for bulk SMTP testing / Email validation
>> using telnet or similar protocol ( which doesn't send the mails )
>>

>> It generally involves steps like NSlookup to check MX of destination
>> server, opening port25, telnet to communicate with client server,
>> then finally checking the correctness of user email account.
>>

>> Please connect if you have such ready tool with you or you can develop
>>

>> Process example-
>> <https://blog.mailtrap.io/verify-email-address-without-sending/>
>> https://blog.mailtrap.io/verify-email-address-without-sending/
>>

>> Thanks & regards
>>
>> Amol Kale
>>
>> Founder Director
>>
>> Talent Trackers HR
>>
>> 7350002596
>>

> Hi,
>
> I would recommend using the Swiss Army Knife for SMTP (swaks) for this.
> It should be already included in most Linux distributions. Otherwise
> you can find it here: https://github.com/jetmore/swaks
>
> You can check the whole SMTP-Protocol chain, or you can tell swaks
> after which step to abort. Your use case would be stopping after RCPT,
> so you would start it using the extra flag "-q RCPT"
>
> Julian

thats off topic dovecot

but time ago i wrote a blog, including swaks usage

https://blog.sys4.de/recipient-verification-tls-mandatory-modus-en.html

some more info

https://blog.sys4.de/outbound-dane-mit-postfix-de.html

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG, 80333 München