dovecot and broken uidlist

Adrian Minta adrian.minta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 18:34:33 EET 2021

Hi

we saw the same thing with EMC Unity and LMTP. With nfs v3 the situation
is somehow tolerable.

First time we switch to nfs v4.1 the servers crashed and later we found
out that we need to turn off delegation and switch to "lock_method =
dotlock". This will help some people if is added to wiki page !

With those settings the performance was roughly the same but the
mail.err log file was bigger so we switched back to nfs v3.

He do have a much smaller system with nfs v4.2 and no broken uidlist
errors, only " Error: dotlock /.../dovecot-uidlist.lock was immediately
deleted under us". Unfortunately EMC Unity doesn't support nfs v4.2
because is too new.

--
Best regards,
Adrian Minta