Deleting an active sieve script leaves sieve unfunctional

dovecot at ptld.com dovecot at ptld.com
Mon Jul 5 20:45:37 EEST 2021

> On 07-05-2021 1:34 pm, Tobias Leupold wrote:
>> Yes, that is the one im talking about: active-script.sieve
>> Just remove that symlink and sieve will be disabled for that user and
>> you shouldn't have any errors.
>
> Yeah, of course I won't -- but sieve filtering won't work as well
> without the
> symlink ...

Maybe im misunderstanding what answer you are looking for.
Ofcourse sieve wont work without the symlink, that's the point. That is
how you disable it. To prevent errors generated by a missing / corrupt
script.

Then when you want to use sieve again, create a proper script and enable
it, which will autocreate the symlink again.