Deleting an active sieve script leaves sieve unfunctional

dovecot at ptld.com dovecot at ptld.com
Mon Jul 5 22:30:54 EEST 2021

> On 07-05-2021 2:04 pm, Tobias Leupold wrote:
>
> When I delete a sieve script via the managesieve interface of KMail, I
> would
> expect that this script is removed from the USER.sieve script so that
> it's no
> longer included and not run anymore. Then, it should be deleted.

As far as sieve is concerned, USER.sieve is the script, still exist and
is still active.

Sounds like all you have done is removed a required component of the
script being an include file. Sieve doesn't know this, all it knows is
USER.sieve is the script, and its active, so it runs it, which fails
cause as you know, missing an include file.

The issue is that you have a corrupted sieve script (USER.sieve). I
would not consider this a sieve issue. I would consider this a poor
design by the makers of whatever control panel you using to update your
includes as it should rebuild the script after making such changes. I
think your language choice could be confusing, you aren't deleting "a
script". You are deleting an include file for "the script" being
USER.sieve.

My educated guess is, yes this is a KMail issue.