disable pop3 ports?

Jean-Daniel jddupas at xooloo.com
Tue May 4 11:18:36 EEST 2021

Not sure what distribution you are using, but some distributions provide distincts package for dovecot-pop, so removing it may be enough.

This package main purpose it to install a file in /usr/share/dovecot/protocols.d/ which is then imported in the config by a line like "!include_try /usr/share/dovecot/protocols.d/*.protocol »

Also, make sure "doveconf protocols" does not include pop3

Presence of service pop3-login, service pop3 in config should not be enough to start listening on pop3 ports.