Lucene support for FTS - EOL date.

Stuart Henderson stu.lists at spacehopper.org
Sat Feb 5 20:24:55 UTC 2022

On 2022-02-05, Jacek Grabowski <grabsoon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok but I have to know the date (approximate) when support for lucene will
> be removed completely from dovecot.
> Does anyone know when this will happen? It is scheduled in some version in
> the future maybe?

Why not assume that it could be removed at the next release and make
plans to migrate to a maintained FTS engine? If dovecot-fts-lucene is
currently working for you then dovecot-fts-flatcurve might be a good
alternative. (Another option is to not update. You might think that's
a bad idea, but with fts-lucene you already on something which is
outdated so that isn't new).