Sv: dovecot mailing list (this mailing list), DKIM, SPF and DMARC

justina colmena ~biz justina at colmena.biz
Wed Feb 9 16:25:41 UTC 2022

Google, Yahoo and Microsoft, the big providers all use ARC, and have used it for years. But Wikipedia doesn't have much nice to say about it.

--> allows a receiving service to validate an email when the email's SPF and DKIM records are rendered invalid by an intermediate server's processing. ARC is defined in RFC 8617, published in July 2019, as "Experimental".

It sounds like a Microsoft/Google/corporate standard, not IETF. I do seem to have trouble communicating with insurance companies' email systems in particular when I'm not using ARC on my email system, but outside the insurance industry -- and I'm making an educated guess that they are the main sticklers -- it doesn't seem to be a problem if SPF, DKIM, and DMARC are all working.