Can't log in from Evolution or Roundcube

Ken Wright daddywarlock at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 16:27:32 UTC 2022

On Sat, 2022-01-08 at 11:05 -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

> > >     Nono, for your web browser's connection to Roundcube.  I
> > > could be barking up the wrong tree here, but I'm pretty sure
> > > that's the error I hit.
> >
> > Thanks for the clarification.  I just tried Roundcube again, and
> > got the error "Connection to storage server failed."  I also
> > checked the nginx script for Roundcube and commented out the
> > references to port 80, then restarted nginx.  Same error.  So I
> > tend to think it's a server issue, not a client issue.  Does that
> > make any sense?
>
>    It makes sense, but that's a different error than the one you got
> having to do with either its connection to Dovecot or possibly a
> back-end database server. (MySQL?)

MariaDB.  Now it's time for me to clarify.  The "source stream returned
no data" error is in Evolution; the "connection to storage server
failed" is in Roundcube.  So I'm seeing similar errors in two different
email clients trying to get to the same server.

I know there are any number of reasons for a failed connection to
Dovecot, but I just don't have the experience to figure this one out.

Ken