sieve-filter ignores -u argument

Андрей Куницын abyss at fox5.ru
Tue Jan 25 15:21:11 UTC 2022

Hm, looks like I misunderstood initial error sieve-filter(root): Fatal:
Unknown user
filter-sieve do not understand -u postmater at domain.tld
Where (root) is about who runs the command, not who is not found

Anyway I've tried

# cd
/var/vmail/vmail1/domain.tld/t/e/s/test-2022.01.22.05.55.26/sdbox/mailboxes/
#sieve-filter -c /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf -v
/var/vmail/sieve/dovecot.sieve INBOX
sieve-filter(root): Error: stat(/root/Maildir/tmp) failed: Permission
denied (euid=2000(vmail) egid=2000(vmail) missing +x perm: /root, dir owned
by 0:0 mode=0700)
sieve-filter(root): Fatal: Couldn't open source mailbox 'INBOX': Internal
error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2022-01-25
14:46:35]

sudo -u vmail sieve-filter -c /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf -v
/var/vmail/sieve/dovecot.sieve INBOX

sieve-filter(vmail): Info: Mailbox created: INBOX

/home/vmail/Maildir was created after that and  not in the current directory

I've tried  '-u test', '-u test at domain.tld', '-u test at mail.domain.tld' and
passed config  '-c /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf.'
And still got
Fatal: Unknown user

How do sieve-filters understand virtual users?

--
С уважением, Куницын Андрей.