Extremely long line

Dmitriy Fitisov dmitriy at radier.ca
Tue Jun 7 15:29:50 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,
I’m using https://github.com/karastojko/mailio <https://github.com/karastojko/mailio>
to get messages from dovecot-2.3.7.2 (3c910f64b)
and 1 of the messages which is 2.5 mbytes in size and has an image attached,
has a half megabyte of <80> (0x80) characters at the end.
And that is with default encoding of 7 bit (meaning there is no part headers at the end),
right after the message those characters.
I got a feeling that max length was 998 characters.
On other hand, looks like dovecot is replacing NULL chars with 0x80.

Is that is correct behavior, should I expect that half meg of bytes in 1 line?
Is it a known issue?
Thank you.
Dmitriy