multiple doveadm ports?

Joachim Lindenberg dovecot at lindenberg.one
Wed Mar 2 08:08:28 UTC 2022

Hello,

I am trying to add another doveadm listener but am struggling with that. The primary reason is that I want to enable replication between two systems and want the replication to be encrypted using TLS. However there are also other doveadm clients locally that are not using TLS and I don´t want to touch all of them.

I tried to define something like
service doveadm {
   inet_listener {
       port = 2425
   }
   inet_listener {
       port = 2426
       ssl = true
   }
}
But didn´t get that to work. Is that not possible?

I also tried
service doveadm {
   inet_listener {
       port = 2425
   }
   inet_listener http {
       port = 2426
       ssl = yes
   }
}

but then I failed with
plugin {
    mail_replica = https:dove2.example.com:2426
}

Can someone please share what is supported and what not, or any pointer to documentation that does?
Thanks a lot!
Regards,
Joachim